Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 08:57:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Download/Repos
| | |-+  pardus-whoosh
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pardus-whoosh  (Read 2491 times)
Dirse Yalçın

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 02:16:41 AM »

Why still bother with Pardus?!

A military commander once said: "Don't wash the dead. It is a waste of time. Just bury the dead. There is a war ahead awaiting you."

Assuming there will be a new Pardus in the future: "Pardus 2013", "Pardus 2014", etc. Who will announce it? Who will proclaim it? Who will be the endorser? Whose word shall we be supposed to trust at that time?

Let by-gones be by-gones.

Let's unite our forces in another Linux distribution. Windows 8 is already out there, charging billions of dollars to hundreds of millions of users.

Which Linux distro will be its best rival? Distrowatch top 3 has remained constant for months:
1) Mint
2) Mageia
3) Ubuntu

If even the Germans (a very disciplined, hard-working community) is shutting down Pardus repo by the end of year, that is a big sign, a big lesson to learn from.

Let the Turks suffer a bit more if they cannot do the math and get organized. Let them stay as mere translators, imitation artists, copy machines -- till they get their lesson once again.
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »

Because I tried the distrowatch top 3, and they all not give the same feeling that Pardus gives.

And Linux is only the kernel, the rest is GNU. And the best thing of Linux/GNU is that users can choose
what they like/love.

And ... Pardus is Open Source, so everybody can use it Smiley
So maybe I will clone the official repo and place it somewhere else Wink

And I just like the way Pardus works. And it is still a good distro, the only thing is that we need to update
security patches. And I have fun in update packages for Pardus Smiley. And is it not all about fun?
Dirse Yalçın

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 03:07:17 AM »

Love, liking, attachment, loyalty, sentimentality, fraternity, brotherhood ... Fair enough.
But:
... the only thing is that we need to update security patches. ...
1) Is that (security patches) the "only" thing we need? Everything else is fine with Pardus?! What about LibreOffice?.. Latest hardware drivers?..
2) And, WHO is going to do the security patches? WHEN?

I understand you Richard. You have been a good friend. But there is no hope for Pardus any more. I hope to see you around after the New Year, at another Linux distro forum (either Mint or Mageia or Ubuntu). I am already registered at Mageia. If I change my mind and go to Mint or Ubuntu, I will still be using "dirse" (or something very similar, if dirse is taken) so that you remember me, like I will remember you.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: