Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:51:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus Project
| | |-+  PiSi
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PiSi  (Read 4125 times)
murat
Pardus Developer
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2006, 16:40:22 PM »

PiSi (Packages Installed Successfully, as Intended) (pronounced pee-see) is the package management system of Pardus.
It is the tool that installs, upgrades and removes the software packages successfully, as intended.
PiSi stores and handles the dependencies for the other packages, libraries and COMAR tasks. You may install and use software without being aware of the underlying technical details, not even the name of the application.
Tasks such as opening a new file type or serving web pages are just a click away with PiSi.

Some distinctive features of PiSi are the following:

* Implemented in Python
    * Efficient and small
    * Package sources are written in XML and Python
    * Fast database access implemented with Berkeley DB
    * Integrates low-level and high-level package operations (dependency resolution)
    * Framework approach to build applications and tools upon
    * Comprehensive CLI and a user-friendly Qt GUI (distributed separately)
    * Extremely simple and fast package construction

* How PiSi handles dependency: Dependency resolution in package management systems have a significance in that they are the key to providing system stability and internet upgrades. This document shows how PiSi resolves dependency problems.
    * PiSi packages version policy v0.2: This document explains the version policy that applies to PiSi packages.

Source:

http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/projeler/pisi/index.html
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 20:22:27 PM »

Great work to the person who made these projects sticky Smiley We should make all topics that are definitive by nature sticky (in my opinion).

Joseph
Pardus User
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:45 AM »

I dont know where to post this, but I just reinstalled Pardus and tried to download Google Earth from the Pardus User Repo and It installs, but the Icon is a question mark and it wont start up when I try to open it. I dont know what's going on, it worked great before, I think the package became corrupt.... I tried reinstalling Pardus twice thinking it was my install, but Google Earth has failed both times.

I dont know who runs the Pardus User repository, but could someone check it out and see what the problem could be... please please please?

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 12:10:17 PM »

I dont know who runs the Pardus User repository, but could someone check it out and see what the problem could be... please please please?
I am already    on this one.
Have a in> this GoogleEarth-Pardus 2011 (?)< for a temporary solution.
And within a short period the final solution will a be in the regular >2. Additional (non-official) package source< Grin
Joseph
Pardus User
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:24:22 PM »

Thank you atolboo, I'm glad your here to help us out... Your effort is greatly appreciated my friend.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: