Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 23:40:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  Xorg dead after update with PiSi
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Xorg dead after update with PiSi  (Read 1550 times)
kle

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2007, 00:07:07 AM »

Hi,

maybe i was trying too many things at a time, but one day i kept connected to internet and downloaded several choices of packages, each "collection" of no more than 20 MB, more or less.

In one of these i choose components referring to Xorg. all so fine.
Later i shut down the computer, and wanted to start up again, but instead of showing the login screen my computer remained black.

in the log screens (ALT+F1, F2, /var/logs/messages) + the help of some live CDs i found that xorg was looking for some inexistent components. After some tries i copied from the new Kurumin 7.0 live CD its xorg folder to /var/lib/xorg/modules/ Wink worked fine with this one !!

When starting up again i checked in Pisi Again, and updated the Xorg Main package, which was showing up as "possible update".

well, my critics / suggestion (i don't know how, but..): maybe for some critical packages there should be a stricter check for requirements/dependencies in Pisi. In my case probably: FIRST install Xorg, and LATER its addons.

/** as well as NOT neccesarily update the kernel if i want to install some stuff which is not security or hardware related.. **/

ok, so far.
But i keep trying Pardus, and also will the next version  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: