Okay, its now solved. I am conflicted with being happy that I have it working to being irritated that it took several days to figure it out.
Here is my hardware specs and steps to get it working:
HP Pavilion dv6253cl 64AMD
Nvidia GeoForce Go 6150 graphics
/Dell 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card - Broadcom Corporation (wlan0)
1. Downloaded http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-45290-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3231998&os=228&lang=en
This was the only driver I could find that would work.
2. Did the following commands:
This ensures that no other drivers are installed. If the command returns a driver use ndiswrapper -r driver
3. I used wine to extract the fireware but any tool that extracts will do.
This installs the driver to /root/.wine/drive_c/SWSETUP
4. I then selected SP34152 directory
5. Then selected bcmwl5.inf driver
6. #ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf
7. ndiswrapper -l (to see if driver installed) should see driver
8. modprobe ndiswrapper
9. At this stage card is activated but not working
10. I then went to /etc/conf.d/wpa_supplicant file and inserted the following info:
#Only WPA-PSK is used.
psk=your security passphrase here
Save and exit
11. Opened network-manager and entered in ssid, autmode, secret key, and selected scan. It found the access point and I selected it and exited.
12. Then typed:
#wpa_supplicant -Dndiswrapper -iwlan0 -c/etc/conf.d/wpa_supplicant
13. Selected wireless connection in network-manager and had connection.
Everything worked. Please understand I have no clue to what I am doing but now it works. If this helps someone else figure it out and not spend days trying then I've accomplished something.