Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 14:34:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hey everyone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 1245 times)
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2007, 17:10:24 PM »

Hey everyone,

My name is Ben and I'm from the Netherlands. A few weeks ago I read an article about Pardus in the dutch Linux Magazine. It looked quite interesting and since I was still looking for an extra distribution that could replace fedora I decided to install Pardus. It works quite well on my notebook (dell inspiron 6400 a.k.a. e1505). The only thing that needed some extra attention were the graphic drivers. But since those were in the repository it wasn't such a big issue to install those.

Currently I'm studying Advanced Technology at Twente University in Enschede. It's quite a broad bachelor study which is best described with the words innovation and entrepeneurship. I hope I can help some people on this forum since I'm using linux for almost 4 years now.

Regards,

Ben
Jan Gnodde
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 00:11:44 AM »

Welcome, Ben,

I'm glad, that my article in Linux Magazine brought you to Pardus.
I've had the same experience, installing Pardus on my notebook (an Olidata Stainer W2800): everything worked out of the box, but for 3D-support I had to install the (proprietry) ATI-driver from the repository.
I hope you can do your thing answering questions from Linux-newbies on this forum. And don't be surprised if Willem contacts you for some other task too  :wink: .

Jan.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: