Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 13:04:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  [Solved] usb drive
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Solved] usb drive  (Read 1464 times)
wulshoek

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2007, 09:49:12 AM »

since i tried parduslive cd ican,t find my usbdrive in windows.
what must i do, how do iget it back .
pardus is not an option because it doesn,t work with my monitor.
probably he is still mounted in linux .
ive tried knoppix iit is the same story.
elive did work but it couldn,t find my drive either,what must i do.
please help me with this. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 19:11:50 PM by Mhmrcs » Logged
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 01:27:46 AM »

Hey,

It's not possible that the usbdrive is still mounted in linux, when you are on windows. Since everytime you shutdown linux the usbdrive will also be unmounted. To see if this is not a usbdrive problem, I would like to know if you are able to use the usbdrive on some other computer or some other operating system (you could try accessing the usbdrive from one of your livecd's).

If that works (accessing it from another OS or PC), it's probably not a problem with the usbdrive but a windows problem. Some other thing I'm thinking of is that you somehow partitioned the usbdrive, and because of that you can't read the files on windows but you can on linux. But this last suggestion is very unlikely since windows would probably detect the drive, but would not be able to read and suggest you format it to a file system it can read.

Regards,

Ben
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: