Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 12:36:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  "Allow only one instance" option in Konqueror?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Allow only one instance" option in Konqueror?  (Read 2204 times)
joske
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2007, 16:29:20 PM »

Is there an "Allow only one instance" option in Konqueror? Such that new instances are loaded as a new tab in an already opened instance of Konqueror.

I would rather like to have only one instance with multiple tabs, instead of multiple instances of Konqueror opened. (Just like tabbed browsing is so much prettier...)
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 16:36:43 PM »

Just had a look at the konqueror settings and it is possible. But only for webbehavior. So it probably won't work for file browsing, but of course you could try.

Just open konqueror. Then go to the settings menu and click the configure konqueror option. There go the web behavior settings part.

Then in the third block (browse with tabs). Click the first option (Open links in a new tab instead of a new window). When you click the advanced button you can tweak this behavior a bit more.

When finished click the apply button to apply your new settings,

Regards,

Ben
joske
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 16:51:31 PM »

Thanks ben,
I have adjusted the settings just as you mentioned. Now it is at least working fine for browsing! (though still not for the explorer)

Jos
Bahri16
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 20:00:57 PM »

Quote from: "joske"
Is there an "Allow only one instance" option in Konqueror? Such that new instances are loaded as a new tab in an already opened instance of Konqueror.

I would rather like to have only one instance with multiple tabs, instead of multiple instances of Konqueror opened. (Just like tabbed browsing is so much prettier...)

in explorer: klick the right mouse botton - you will see "open in new tab"

is this what you are lokking for?

The world is not digital - the world is an analog swoosh
joske
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 20:58:21 PM »

I have seen this option (I just type Ctrl+T).
I would like to see that for example when I insert my USB-stick in the computer and then click "open in new window", that it is opened in a new Tab in konqueror if konqueror is already open. And if I click the icon "Home" that it is also opened in a new tab, etc.
Bahri16
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 21:04:51 PM »

when i type ctrl+t in konq only a empty tap opens.
what happens at your pc?

with richtclick the folder open in new tap.

The world is not digital - the world is an analog swoosh
joske
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 21:22:07 PM »

o, sorry, I misunderstood you. You are right. Well, I think I can work with these options.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: