Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:46:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Inkscape upgrade [solved]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inkscape upgrade [solved]  (Read 1933 times)
gmaisg

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 13:27:45 PM »

Hi, i am a graphic designer that uses Linux. In my searchs for the suitable distro i came across Pardus. After a research in the package list, i found evereything i need. Blender, Gimp, Scribus, Nvu and Inkscape. But with Inkscape i noticed that the version available is 0.43, where they have already released the 0.45. My question is, how could i upgrade Inkscape and have the dependencies resolved, since Pardus uses a specific package manager?

Well, i will install Pardus anyway, because from what i have read it looks like a great distro. Also would like to congratulate the developers for a great job. I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and noticed i could install it in portuguese....amazing!!!

Best regards

Ton... Smiley
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 20:40:23 PM »

just type:
sudo pisi it inkscape
in the console.

For freedom...
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 20:47:49 PM »

Could you file a bug about it? http://bugs.pardus.org.tr -> Packages and select inkscape. It's in devel svn repositry, not compiled yet.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 22:52:19 PM »

I installed it from the repository...

For freedom...
gmaisg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 23:05:59 PM »

Hi, thank you for the reply. So what your saying is that the version for Inkscape in Pardus repository is 0.45? Ok, seems easy, i will give it a try.

Best regards

Ton
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 23:18:19 PM »

No Sorry, it's 0.43 not 0.45....
It is is stil in the devel repository.
(sudo pisi bi http://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/devel/applications/multimedia/inkscape/pspec.xml)

For freedom...
gmaisg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 14:23:29 PM »

Hi, thanks again for the reply. Well i installed Pardus on my machine just yesterday night. Well for me it is ok to have Inkscape at 0.43 version and wait for the release of the 0.45 in Pardus repository. What do you think about installing Inkscape 0.45 with autopackage?

I am impressed with the speed of Pardus instalation and the easyness at configuring the system. Well congratulations for the developers!!!!

Best regards

Ton
gmaisg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »

Well, after installing everything i need, i went to see if i could install Inkscape 0.45 autopackage. For my surprise it installed with no problem and it is running like a brease. So i do not have to wait for the package release. I advise anyone who wants to install it go ahead, it works.

Thanks again for the help. Cheesy

Ton
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: