Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 16:37:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Pardus Laptop Wireless Magic
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus Laptop Wireless Magic  (Read 1840 times)
glas
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2007, 22:56:43 PM »

I've only had Pardus on my laptop for one day but am very impressed!

Read a few mentions of Pardus yesterday on Distrowatch feedback which interested me enough to download the ISOs last night and burn a copy for breakfast.

Tried out the live version first and was simply amazed that it recognised and configured my wireless card with a couple of clicks (Acer 3000 - broadcom network card).

I've tried quite a number of Linux OS's on this laptop and had almost I've given up getting the wireless card to be recognised and work. (Though I did get it to work on one distro (LinuxMint) but not without considerable driver and firmware fishing and installing.)

But Pardus is amazing. It just 'works'. Everything I've tried so far works.

I thought at first the PiSi package manger GUI wasn't installed so updated the repositories and downloaded some packages with the terminal. I later dicovered the PiSi GUI in the 'Tasma' configuration GUI!

But all and all Pardus seems a well configured and solid distro. And I'm keeping it on this laptop.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this project.
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 08:37:29 AM »

Glad to hear that, I've had a similar pleasant experience with Pardus when it came to wireless connectivity, is far more powerful than than the basic Ubuntu network manager, and it feel like you're on more solid ground with it.
Welcome to Pardus Smiley

azra
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 23:01:52 PM »

The wireless recognition is the best of all distros around.
I dare anyone to mention just one distro with better recognition. Not even Ubuntu recognised from the box the chipset for my aspire one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: