Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:39:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  OpenOffice Spellcheck
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OpenOffice Spellcheck  (Read 2332 times)
RDNZL

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »

Hi there,

When I activate 'spell check when you type' nothing happens: no red underlined words appeared - even when I make mistakes.

When I activate 'spell check' (with F7 key) spell checking opens and quits again immediately stating: 'Spell checking completed'.

How come?

Thanks!
Tiedemann

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 19:37:57 PM »

Quote from: "RDNZL"
Hi there,

When I activate 'spell check when you type' nothing happens: no red underlined words appeared - even when I make mistakes.

When I activate 'spell check' (with F7 key) spell checking opens and quits again immediately stating: 'Spell checking completed'.

How come?

Thanks!

You'll need to install the "openoffice-dicts" package.
RDNZL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »

Thanks for your reply!

Where can I get this 'openoffice-dicts' package?

I have no internet connection so I have to download it manually, via my Apple iMac, put it on a USB stick, transfer it to Pardus, etc. :? :? :?
RDNZL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 13:06:16 PM »

I've got the answer already!

Found the dictionaries.pisi and the help.pisi I believe on the Pardus FTP, downloaded, put them on the USB stick, moved them to the desktop in Pardus, installed manually via the terminal, both works like a charm!
Tiedemann

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 14:46:21 PM »

I've got the answer already!

Found the dictionaries.pisi and the help.pisi I believe on the Pardus FTP, downloaded, put them on the USB stick, moved them to the desktop in Pardus, installed manually via the terminal, both works like a charm!

OpenOffice language packs are also compatible with Thunderbird and Firefox, and can be used to add dictionary support for languages not otherwise supported by Mozilla.

The relevant spelling dictionary can be downloaded from http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries, unzipped, and the .aff and .dic files copied to /usr/lib/MozillaThunderbird/components/myspell/ or usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/dictionaries/
RDNZL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 08:45:21 AM »

Will it work for 'OpenOffice' when copied to the Mozilla folder?

I have found dictionaries indeed in the folder you indicated but thought they were used by Mozilla or something.
Tiedemann

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 14:35:34 PM »

Will it work for 'OpenOffice' when copied to the Mozilla folder?

No, you need to copy them to /opt/OpenOffice.org/lib/ooo-2.1/share/dict/ooo

There's a guide to manually installing OpenOffice dictionaries here.

Incidentally, adding .aff and .dic files to /usr/lib/MozillaThunderbird/components/myspell/ is currently the only way of adding dictionaries to Thunderbird (adding one via an .xpi file doesn't work).
RDNZL

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 15:57:56 PM »

Oh, okay, I understand.

Thanks!
joske
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 16:43:10 PM »

I have a stupid question: how to change the language of the text in an OpenOffice document? (For example the default is English, but I want to set all text as Dutch)

I can't find where to do that..
Tiedemann

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 21:10:29 PM »

Quote from: "joske"
I have a stupid question: how to change the language of the text in an OpenOffice document? (For example the default is English, but I want to set all text as Dutch)

I can't find where to do that..

Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages > Default languages for documents
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: