Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:00:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  Peculiar bug in Konqueror/Firefox
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Peculiar bug in Konqueror/Firefox  (Read 1465 times)
Tiedemann

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2007, 02:12:30 AM »

I've no idea whether this bug is particular to Pardus or endemic to KDE 3.5.6, but would be interested to know if there's a simple solution...

Saving a web page to file with spaces in the filename, Firefox can open the saved file from within the File > Open File dialog. However, if I try to open that same file from within Konqueror (acting as a file browser) by right-clicking its icon and selecting Open With > Firefox, Firefox returns an error.

So for example, I save to file the tuxmachines.org front page using the default filename tuxmachines.org | Do you waddle the waddle?.html, and am able to open the file from within Firefox. However, when I open the file by right-clicking its icon in Konqueror, Firefox reports

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at /home/Tiedemann/Desktop/tuxmachines.org.

Likewise if there's a space in the file path itself, so attempting to open /home/Tiedemann/My Documents/main.html results in

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at /home/Tiedemann/My.

The problem is specific to Firefox, i.e. there isn't a problem with Nvu or Opera (or Thunderbird, in the case of .eml files). It still persists when Firefox is set as Konqueror's default web browser. The only solution is to manually substitute either underscores or %20s for spaces.
Tiedemann

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 14:36:32 PM »

The same problem in openSUSE 10.2: http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/Firefox-2x-unable-click-open-htm-html-files-spaces-ftopict416402.html.
Tiedemann

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 16:57:06 PM »

Resolved as of April 3's set of updates.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: