Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:20:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Website building
| | |-+  website suggestions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: website suggestions  (Read 2477 times)
tuxedup
Pardus Developer
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2007, 23:14:53 PM »

Hello,

At present I have a webblog (www.tuxedup.wordpress.com) which was centred mainly around debian.  However after all the mess debian is in, I moved to pardus and now do the occasional packaging for contrib.

Anyway, I am going to be setting up my own real website with php support soon, I currently have draft versions created with nvu, but I am writing it again from scratch with xhtml and css and I am looking for features I could include.

The majority of the content will be pardus related e.g. guides and tutorials and things, but I will also be offering a small set of packages in the future.

In addition I plan to offer video tutorials for introductory topis e.g. using the package manager etc (assuming that demand does not consume all of my bandwidth for the month),  I will also have a simple php image gallery.

Are there any other features I could include on the site, please dont suggest articles, just featurs that would be useful.  Please note I do not have database support on this hosting as I cannot afford the next package up.

So if you have a suggestion, then please post.

Michael.

shudde

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:06:12 AM »

If you can't use MySQL or PostgreSQL, you might want to look into using XML files instead. If your provider is still using PHP4, I'd give it a miss as XML support in 4 is a mess. If you've got PHP5 however, the code will be a lot cleaner and easier to learn.

I've never used Debian but I've always found the rampant mailing list infighting entertaining.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 23:42:25 PM »

If you want you can make use of the database support from Pardus-Linux.nl

For freedom...
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 09:33:48 AM »

I just checked out your website: http://tuxedup.wordpress.com/, its empty, whats happened?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: