Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:48:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  can't open install file
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can't open install file  (Read 1158 times)
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2007, 22:23:23 PM »

i downloaded a free game, file name  "armyops250linux.run"  i keep following instructions from game site but cant get the file to open and start install. instructions; save file to. user/local/game  and run "sh armyopslinux.run"   but i get nothing.  how can i get the ball rolling on this game???     google search,  http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/gaming-games-multimedia-entertainment/10916-how-install-americas-army-linux.html
 and           http://layer0.layeredtech.com/showthread.php?p=12793
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 22:57:06 PM »

Did you open the Konsole?
Just open the Konsole type:
Code:
sh

And then drag and drop the icon into this Konsole window, now you have the right path to the icon. Press enter to install

For freedom...
msullivan
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 23:25:48 PM »

Another way to do it is to open the directory where you copied the file (/usr/local/game) with konqueror.  Then,  go to "Tools" along the top of the window and select "Open Terminal".  This automatically opens the terminal from the proper directory.  Then run the sh command as instructed by the game website.

Marty
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:23:45 AM »

both steps described by willem and marty got the game install file going.             using "file manager" i saved the game file "armyops250linux.run" to                                                    root/user/local/games     i clicked "open terminal" using the tool tab at top of file manager window. a root konsole appears  type "sh  ./armyops250linux.run" w/out the "  and bingo! the root konsole will take you through step by step install instructions using arrows and Enter keys. it will take some time for the file to uncompress as it is a 2.5gig fps game.  when install is finish, close konsole and go to your root/user/local/games/armyops folder[with privlage], find the shell script[shortcut] name "armyops" and link it to your choice of reach, and while you are in your "user/local/games/" folder, you can delete or move the original 775.8mb compressed "armyops250linux.run" file not the 2.0gb armyops folder.     i want to thank all pardus members for a great forum.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: