Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 12:42:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  linking [shortcut] problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: linking [shortcut] problem  (Read 1067 times)
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2007, 23:08:55 PM »

the game shortcut is only executable from its open folder location. the shell script copied or linked to desktop does not run.  how can i make this link[shortcut] active on my desktop???            all help is appreciated greatly
Pardoes
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 23:45:54 PM »

Quote from: "DANHO"
the game shortcut is only executable from its open folder location. the shell script copied or linked to desktop does not run.  how can i make this link[shortcut] active on my desktop???            all help is appreciated greatly

You want to make a shortcut to the desktop for the games?
Click with your mouse right-button on it.
Then you will see 2 choices.
Choose the one "Menu adding tot the desktop"
I do not exactly the text, because I use the language Dutch.
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 00:31:54 AM »

Pardoes, your english is more than fair. its good.    but the tip didn't work.    i installed armyops game to  "root /user/local/games/   in order to do that i had to become super user  to modify "user/local/games" .        now,,,, only super user can start the game.    i can start the game and play but have to go to root /user/local/games  with privlage    open armyops folder and then click shell script which is the shortcut.
msullivan
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 02:21:20 AM »

From the command line,  type:  su,  then your root password.  Then type:  "chmod a+x /usr/local/games/armyops" to change the privileges of the game so that all users can execute.  Once this is done,  any link or shortcut to the game should function.  Have fun!

Marty
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 07:17:23 AM »

thats what i was looking for!     "chmod a+x /usr/local/games/armyops"  changed the game's permission.  thanks marty.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: