Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:22:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  could not start kstartupconfig, check your installation.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: could not start kstartupconfig, check your installation.  (Read 2542 times)
diskmusic
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:31:37 AM »

After reinstalling Pardus, I get the above message when I try to login.
Can someone help me out this dilemma, please Cool
Bahri16
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 01:38:39 AM »

hhmm...  maybe there are some old rc files for kde in your home directory - if you have your home directory in a seperate partition.

if it is so - you can try to move the kde rc files in a temp directory. then after reboot kde craetes new rc files - but i am not shure.

The world is not digital - the world is an analog swoosh
msullivan
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:52:17 AM »

There could be something wrong with your installation cd.  If you used windows to burn the cd iso image,  it may have errors that windows would not catch.  If that is the case,  your new installation may have failed to install some key KDE components,  giving you your current error.  You could try to check this by logging in from the command line and typing "pisi li" which will display a list of the installed packages.  Check if kdelibs is present on that list.  If it is not,  you can try "pisi it kdelibs" to install the kde libraries.  I'm afraid that you may have to replace your media and reinstall if the kde components are missing or damaged on your installation cd.  Aside from that,  I can't think of any other solution.  Good Luck.  I hope this helps you.

Marty
diskmusic
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 16:41:09 PM »

Ok Guys, I am back on the web.
After some good sleep I serviced my disk with a bootable version of Gparted.
Went back from a ext2(./),ext3(/Home) and linux-swap to a ext3(./),ext3(/Home) and linux-swap format.
After the new install, it came all on line with out a problem.
Thanks for the support and the idea's! Cool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: