Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 16:53:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Live, Breathe, Die, Pardus.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live, Breathe, Die, Pardus.  (Read 1086 times)
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2008, 15:02:04 PM »

Heyyy, I discovered Pardus roughly a week ago, and I'm in awe of its stability, the Force Quit options is far more powerful, PiSi feels far smoother and more administrative than my former Ubuntu Synaptic (also, PiSi is read the same way in Romanian i.e. meaning kitten), KDE is more stable (whenever I would play a 3-D game in Ubuntu eventually the game would stop and exit to my Desktop which would crash), I like how Pardus isn't an extremist Linux distro where people don't want >anything< to do with Windows like its a Nazi regime (YALI is similar to Windows installing sequence i.e. slideshow, Kaptan is like Vista's "Welcome", new drives plugged in make a window appear asking what you would like to open it with) on top of which, firmware is preinstalled > my trackpad can do horizontal scrolling! Which its only ever been able to do in Vista & OpenSolaris (not even XP), I also like the felines themes like those of the Mac operating system, Pardus releases new editions a lot faster than Ubuntu's 6 months waiting period.

What I love most about Pardus, is that its still in a raw form. There is so much value you can bring to this project, I'm currently working on translating all the .pot files to make Romanian a supported language in Pardus 2008.2, I'm contributing to Pardus-Wiki (english version) [http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Main_Page] and seeding Pardus torrents [thepiratebay.org/user/Mhmrcs], I'd like to raise awareness to these forms of contribution and encourage anyone to help, what Pardus may lack in funding, it will make up with a zealous communtiy.
People reading this message have obviously also discovered Pardus, congratulations.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 01:03:31 AM by Mhmrcs » Logged

PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 22:53:24 PM »

Welcome Mhmrcs !

Wow ! 34 posts on your first day on this forum, a lot of contributions on the wiki as well, you are big !

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 23:00:20 PM »

Thanks  Grin, really nice of you to say, but I obviously still have a lot to live up to - Pardus master lol, congrats

Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 21:25:38 PM »

Three from Romania?  It's a party!   Wink

Welcome Mhmrcs, and that is true what you pointed out about Pardus - being new and still in its wonderful young stage.  It's pretty sharp for a youngster! 

Glad you could introduce yourself! 

Hmmm, my mother called all of our female cats, Pising Gal.  I think it means little girl in Hungarian.  Mom is first generation American but knew a few of the words and phrases in Hungarian language. 

Regards,
Lisa Marie
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 21:40:42 PM »

Glad you agree Smiley

I'm curious as to the number of Americans here... lol, since this site is basically purely administrated by Europeans and a lot of people here speak English as a second language.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: