Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 18:31:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  Firewall
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firewall  (Read 2544 times)
SaLiGoT

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2007, 17:55:56 PM »

what do you think about add one window to see connections rejected and one window to see connections established in firewall like firestarter ?
Rouanito
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 14:03:38 PM »

Hello,

Indeed, I'm convinced that the Firewall must be improved. The current version is too simple & basic:
- No ip blocker
- No log about port-attacks
- No Network Activity Rules

I agree on the fact that the Pardus developper team wish to propose an easier Linux system than the others, nonetheless the Pardus' firewall is a dead and out failure (sorry  Lips Sealed)

Kindest regards  Wink

Salon Irc Francophone:
=> irc.freenode.org | #pardus-fr
Site de la communaut√© francophone: 
=> http://www.pardus-fr.org/
Tinker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 04:29:06 AM »

That may be harsh Rouanito but it's the truth I completely agree with you on this issue. But probably by the next release they will have fixed or at least given us more control over the firewall.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

You are right, and in time I will be sure Pardus will have the best fire wall...
I did a firwall test btw (http://www.hackerwatch.org/probe/) and it scores excellent!  Grin

For freedom...
bahadir
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 20:20:00 PM »

Don't worry, these features (and much more) are in my TODO list for Firewall-Config Smiley

I'm very busy with other applications right now, I'll start working on new release ASAP.
Lloyd De Jongh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 19:47:18 PM »

I can see Pardus originally being conceived to live behind a capable LAN firewall, but now it's definitely out of its cage and finding new roaming grounds with new needs.

Excuse my ignorance, but does Pardus have regular IPTables support?

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: